Acting is not for everyone.
And if truth be told, there are some benefits to not being an actor.
Here they are:
1. You won’t have to feel afraid just before you step on stage or on set to perform in front of hundreds/thousands/millions of people.
2. You won’t feel rejection that much, as you won’t be auditioning for TV/Film and Theatre roles.
3. You won’t be meeting as many new people as an actor does. So, you can keep your circle of friends and colleagues small.
4. You can develop daily, weekly, monthly routines that will never change because you won’t be going here, there and everywhere working in different locations as an actor.
5. If you live long enough, you will retire and do the things you wanted to do when you were young. As an actor, you never retire. Not because you can’t but because you would never dream of stopping doing the thing you love.
So, there you have it.
I guess there are some benefits to not being an actor but to an actor they don’t look like benefits.
They look like hell.
Now, to help you if you really want to be an actor, you should join my Actors Inner Circle. I am opening the doors this month for new members.
Go see, mon ami.