The Method is one of the most successful acting techniques ever invented. It is used by many of the worlds greatest actors, including Al Pacino, Robert De Niro, Jack Nicholson, Angelina Jolie, Scarlett Johansson and Mickey Rourke, to name but a few.
Despite its success there has been very few books written that give a practical step-by-step guide on how to learn and use the technique for yourself…until now.
The Ultimate Guide to Method Acting takes you through the exercises and practical techniques used by the world’s greatest Method actors to achieve outstanding acting.
Here is what’s included in the book.
This exclusive book has the following crammed into its 240 pages:
- A way to identifying your emotional strengths and weaknesses
- How to become an expressive power house
- Exercises on how to produce emotion on cue
- The progression of sense/emotional memory exercises to build sensitivity and concentration
- GRIPIEN – an in-depth approach to scene dissection
- Connection exercises to allow you to build a strong connection with your scene partners
- 35 vital questions to answer to help build your characters history
- How to build intricate and unique characters
- How to us your authenticity
- Voice and movement skills you need to know
- How to use the method in auditions
- How to use the method in rehearsals
- How to use the method in performance
- The song and dance exercise
- How to be private in public
- Knowing how your habits affect your acting
- How to use the animal exercise to create unique character physicality
- How to overcome nerves using the Method relaxation technique
- The evolution of method acting
- The ‘where am I right now?’ technique
- Famous method acting performance analysed
…and much more
It will become your ‘Method acting Bible’ and it’s only £37.47!
About The Author
Here is what people are saying about the book
Brian doesn’t treat the subject in academic terms; everything is presented in the context of the working actor or for the aspiring actor who wants to get into the profession. This allows the reader to focus their time on the things that matter and which will get them where the need to go without any wasteful dead ends. Brian is not one for flannel and yet at the same time describes each aspect of method with a sincere love and faith which the reader will find infectious. These things combine to make this book unique in its field. It’s easy to read and fundamentally useful. If you want to know about Method – buy this book. If you want to add Method to your repertoire – buy this book. If you want to understand how to get into the acting profession – buy this book.
It reads as if Brian was actually there with you. So if you haven’t yet done one of Brian’s courses, it’s a true reflection of Brian’s knowledge and understanding of Method acting.
It is an extremely readable, practical guide to Method Acting. This will definitely be my “go to” book to reference anything I need to develop my own instrument. The different sections build to become a complete toolkit you can dip into again and again. If this doesn’t whet your appetite for Method acting, then I don’t know what will!
An essential guide to method acting composed by a wise and uniquely talented acting coach, Brian Timoney.
It is a joy to read, the language is very easy to follow so I’m not constantly having to re-read sections in order to understand what I’ve literally just read. Secondly, it breaks down the method process in one handy book and contains the exercises to be carried out along with explanations on why each exercise is useful. Thirdly, the book is filled with examples and references which is a very clever way of encoding what you’re reading into your brain without having to think about it; it also helps your understanding of how the exercises work. Finally, what I loved most about the book is that after months and months of uncertainty and having to piece together ideas from various sources, it offers me a specific step-by-step process on how to approach a role when you first begin. It has given me the tools to then go off and immerse myself in my character’s world with all the right questions to ask and approaches to take – which is all I can ask for as a method actor! Method acting requires endless hours of intense research and it is often daunting when you don’t know where to start. This book offers a step-by step-guide on where to start AND how to put into practice all the research you have done for the role.