The first time I acted on stage, I had a weird experience.
I felt calm, confident and powerful…which was not what I was expecting.
During rehearsals, I was a nervous wreck and concluded that if I managed to get through this without making a fool of myself, it would be a miracle.
But when opening night arrived, the ‘normal’ world seemed to disappear, and I became encased in the play’s imaginary realm, which completely absorbed me.
It was a life-changing moment.
The experience was so powerful that it preoccupied my mind for weeks and months to come.
The ancients Greeks called this experience The God’s Descending, which is my favourite description of it because there is something spiritual about it.
When acting is done at its very best, a spiritual communion is created between the actors and the audience, which can have a profound impact.
This may seem like a grand view of acting, but there is no escaping the existence of this experience as its results are all around you.
Painters, musicians, writers and many other artists recount experiences of being in a creative flow state when they have created works of art that are considered genius.
This ability is available to you. You just need to know how to reach it.
That is what this course is all about. I will show you how to develop a deep creative state and enter into spiritual communion with your fellow actors and the audience.
You will learn:
- How to enter into the present momentand develop stage presence.
- Why you are not your thoughts and feelings and how to identify the real
- How to enter into silence and stillness to evoke the creative state.
- How to avoid pre-planning scenes and instead hand over to your creative subconscious.
- The ancient Buddhist approach to being in the moment.
- Why (and how) you must transcend your ego to create the character.
- Why emptiness is the key to fullness in your acting.
- A way to meditate with your eyes open.
- How to make contact with another actors soul.
- A way to deal with bad or difficult actors without saying a word.
- How to perceive inanimate objects to induce
- How to use gaps to bridge the way to the creative state.
- Why there are two of you, inside you, and how to distinguish the helpful ones from the destructive ones.
- Why the state of being is so important to acting and how to achieve it.
- Why time is irrelevant and a distraction from creating great acting.
- Why the past and the future can destroy your acting in the present.
- How to become unflappable under pressure.
- How to feel peace and contentment on a daily basis.
- A way to transcend your ego and
- How to mine the depth of your unconscious.
- Why you need to take a break from yourself, to attain highly artistic work.
- A way to experience the infinite power of the creative force.
- The secret to fulfilment and contentment.
- Why the universe wants you to create.
- The truth about where creative genius comes from.
But before we go any further, let’s get clear about…
Who This Is For (And Not For)
This is not for those purely looking for a kit bag of practical acting tools. I deliver that on other courses.
This is for those looking for that another dimension to their work and are open to spiritual teachings. It’s a deep exploration of the ability to be and how to bring the state of presence into your life and work.
If that resonates with you, then here is…
How It Works?
Transcending Actor consists of twelve audio sessions, each lasting approx. 50 minutes. These sessions were recorded as part of a live training I did and are now available to you on-demand via our app.
The sessions are a mixture of my delivering talking meditations that take you into the creative state, discussions and answers to questions during the sessions when they were recorded.
The fee for the entire course is £197 and you can sign up below and get instant access.