One Day Timoney Method® Intensive
Live and In-Person
Saturday 15th July 2023, 10 am – 5 pm
Dear Aspiring Actor,
I will be holding a one-day, live and in-person, intensive using my unique method acting approach – Timoney Method®.
The class is limited to eight students and will be an acting packed day.
I will show you how to learn lines the correct way, completely enter into the mind of a character, overcome any performance nerves and anxieties and take your creative impulses. You will work on short scenes called, études, with a fellow students to learn this process.
You will also learn:
- The secret acting technique developed in Russia a hundred years ago that the KGB didn’t want you to know about
- The scientific way to consistently deliver emotion on demand, even if you have the emotional range of a sociopath
- How to learn lines so they are fresh and new every time you say them. HINT: Most actors learn lines in an incorrect manner
- The seduction technique that all great actors use to make the audience fall in love with them
- The four personality types that are attracted to acting. Two are perfect for acting, and the other two should never even consider becoming actors. All will be revealed!
- The unconscious high wire acting trick done without a safety net
- The secret to revealing the unspoken truths between the lines of a script
- How to unlock the natural flow of your physical instrument (i.e. your body) to physicalise the character
- A process to forget yourself and act unconsciously
- How to immerse yourself entirely in the character, so that you see through their eyes.
- An exercise to deal with mental and physical tension that can destroy your performance
- How to end the struggle and pain of self-conscious acting
- A technique that will allow you to accumulate the inner-life of the character
- How to physically express the character
- The concept of giving in to the character
- How to ‘Green Light’ your impulses
- How to quieten the chitter-chatter of your ‘actor’ mind and descend into the depths of the character
- The correct and most effective way to learn lines
- A way to avoid fakery and imitation
- How to prevent forcing emotions and experiences
- How to internalise the character’s life
- Using your breath to enter into a relationship with other characters and objects around you
- Creating emotion on demand
Who Is This For?
This is for serious beginners or those looking to train in my techniques. You must be eighteen years old or over to apply.
Places are limited to eight students only.
Dates and times: Saturday 15th July 2023, 10 am – 5 pm
Venue: Brian Timoney Actors Studio, 213 Haverstock Hill, Belsize Park, London NW3 4QP
Application deadline: Midnight, Sunday 2nd July 2023. Please note once the places are allocated we will stop taking applications, which may happen before the deadline date.
Class Fee: £225 (Early bird fee is £97 if you apply before 25th June 2023)
Application Fee: There is an application fee of £20 and if you are successful it goes towards your full fee, if you are unsuccessful then it will be refunded.