How To Create Authentic Characters From Scratch
Deadline: Sunday 10th December at Midnight
I am launching a brand-new pre-recorded online course dedicated to the subject of character creation.
During the course I will focus on how you can mentally, physically and vocally transform into a character from scratch.
Here is what you will learn:
- How to use the state of “I am” to peel back the layers of a character’s psychology.
- How to use your dreams to discover the character.
- Thirty-five character creation questions to use on every character you create.
- How to ‘give in’ to the given circumstances to develop the correct character behaviour.
- The real reasons why people behave the way they do.
- How to repeat scenes but keep them alive and organic.
- An approach to creating the inner monologue of the character.
- How to use costume and props to develop a character.
- How to find the voice of the character.
- The correct way to structure a character diary.
- Why the script is like a piece of music and how to play it effectively.
- How to use images to fuel the subconscious.
- The importance of psychological justification when playing a role.
- Unusual sources of character inspiration.
- How to break down the text and identify changes in rhythm and flow.
- Identify the areas that a character physically leads from.
- What a super-objective is and how to make it work for you within the characterisation.
- Understanding dramatic structure when approaching scenes and monologues.
- Daily exercises to instil the character creation process.
- How to use improvisation to develop character.
My 30-Day Personal Guarantee
I’m so confident that you will get everything I promised from this course and more, that if you disagree, I will give you your money back, no quibbles or hard feelings, within 30 days of purchase.
What You Get And How It Works
You click the button, pay your fee and get instant access to eight 1-hour (approx.) Zoom video sessions, that have been pre-recorded and made available online.
You can work through the course at your own speed which is designed to take you from scratch to method acting mastery.
In the first four sessions, I will take you through a process to create a new and unique character from your imagination. You will identify their psychology, physicality, the clothes they wear and any objects they use in day-to-day life. Then I will set you a challenge (which is optional) to create a short monologue that you will self-tape and send in for me for critique. I will watch your work and then send you a personal video critique for your eyes only.
In the second four sessions, you will focus on a character from a play and use the tools and techniques taught to create them.
Who Is It For?
This course is for anyone who has a serious desire to be able to act at a profound level. It doesn’t matter if you are a beginner or a pro, there is a very high probability that what you will learn on the course will be new to you regardless of level. The course takes you from scratch through my process which you can work through at your own speed.
About Brian Timoney
Brian Timoney is one of the world’s leading acting coaches. He has worked in the industry for over 30 years and in every major acting medium conceivable, including TV, Film, Radio and Theatre.
He has worked as an actor, director, producer and acting coach and has first-hand experience of every part of the industry, and how to create stand-out performances. He is also the author of – The Ultimate Guide To Method Acting.
Brian has worked with hundreds of actors over the years and leading UK film directors Ken Loach and Danny Boyle.