[vc_row][vc_column][vc_raw_html]JTNDZGl2JTIwY2xhc3MlM0QlMjJmbGV4LXZpZGVvJTIwd2lkZXNjcmVlbiUyMiUzRSUzQ2lmcmFtZSUyMHNyYyUzRCUyMmh0dHBzJTNBJTJGJTJGcGxheWVyLnZpbWVvLmNvbSUyRnZpZGVvJTJGMzEwNTI5MTM2JTNGdGl0bGUlM0QwJTI2YnlsaW5lJTNEMCUyNnBvcnRyYWl0JTNEMCUyMiUyMHdpZHRoJTNEJTIyNjQwJTIyJTIwaGVpZ2h0JTNEJTIyMzYwJTIyJTIwZnJhbWVib3JkZXIlM0QlMjIwJTIyJTIwd2Via2l0YWxsb3dmdWxsc2NyZWVuJTIwbW96YWxsb3dmdWxsc2NyZWVuJTIwYWxsb3dmdWxsc2NyZWVuJTNFJTNDJTJGaWZyYW1lJTNFJTBBJTNDcCUzRSUzQ2ElMjBocmVmJTNEJTIyaHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkZ2aW1lby5jb20lMkYzMTA1MjkxMzYlMjIlM0VJTUdfMDQzMCUzQyUyRmElM0UlMjBmcm9tJTIwJTNDYSUyMGhyZWYlM0QlMjJodHRwcyUzQSUyRiUyRnZpbWVvLmNvbSUyRmJyaWFudGltb25leSUyMiUzRUJyaWFuJTIwVGltb25leSUzQyUyRmElM0UlMjBvbiUyMCUzQ2ElMjBocmVmJTNEJTIyaHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkZ2aW1lby5jb20lMjIlM0VWaW1lbyUzQyUyRmElM0UuJTNDJTJGcCUzRSUzQyUyRmRpdiUzRQ==[/vc_raw_html][vc_column_text]They gave it to the wrong man.
Rami Malek won Best Actor at the Golden Globes yesterday, for his portrayal of Freddie Mercury in the film Bohemian Rhapsody.
It should have gone to Method Actor, Bradley Cooper, for his role in A Star Is Born.
I don’t believe this is a matter of opinion. It’s not up for debate; it’s a fact.
Here are the reasons:
- Bradley’s level of emotional depth is astounding. Putting any preference aside with regards to the material, his emotional intensity and ability to touch and move you with a single look is outstanding.
- Rami gives a good performance, but it’s imitation. Good imitation, but imitation nonetheless. He captures the physicality, the voice, the attitude but has very little emotional depth. Reason being he is imitating. The difference between him and Bradley on this particular aspect is like night and day. It’s much easier to imitate than to reach into your soul as Bradley did
- Bradley’s level of authentic and organic charactisation is astounding. The character is a subtle blend of him and the creative take he has on the role. He and the character become one. He is the character. You cannot see the joins. It’s seamless.
- Rami’s charactisation is closer to a clumsy impersonation. He is “playing” the character rather than being him.
- Bradley’s connection to the other actors is profound. There is a deep and authentic bond with Lady Gaga that is very difficult to create. You can feel the chemistry.
- Rami interacts with the others but lacks deep connection.
Bradley is a Method Actor Rami is not.
The difference is clear as day.
If you are ready to touch and move your audiences with a single look, delve deep into your soul and deliver profoundly moving and affecting acting then check out the Ultimate Acting Programme.
The Master Of The Method[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]