Here are 5 things that as an actor will make you squeal with delight…like a little piggy:
1. The phone call saying ‘You got the job!’ This is as much fun as you can possibly have with your clothes on. It’s a moment of pure ecstasy.
2. A director comes up to you and says ‘That was amazing’. A moment of pride for any actor.
3. A standing ovation. The crowd get to their feet at the end of a show. Nice!
4. Royalty fees. It’s cool to get a cheque in the post because they have started showing a TV programme you were in, in some far-flung part of the world. Money for old rope basically.
5. Meeting some very cool people. As an actor you are constantly meeting new actors and people behind the scenes. Some of whom become lifelong friends.
There you go.
You have to admit they sound very cool.