‘Specialisation’ – Is it ok to specialise in a particular area or type of character?
The topic of specialisation can be a cause of concern for aspiring actors. Is it ever a good idea to ‘specialise’ in a particular area or type of character and run the risk of getting typecast? And is getting typecast a bad thing, or can it actually be of benefit to your acting career? In this episode, Brian and Joe discuss all this, and much more.
Things you’ll learn in this episode:
• Why it’s ok to specialise
• More about actors who have chosen to specialise
• Why specialisation has proven to be an excellent choice for many actors
• Why specialisation shouldn’t stop you getting work
• The benefits of specialisation
• Why specialisation can enhance your career
• When specialisation can be a better option
• How to approach specialisation