Debunking the myths: A look at what Method Acting is really all about
Brian and Joe discuss their take on some of the myths surrounding Method Acting, with a look at the idea of actors going to extremes for roles – with examples from some of today’s acting greats – and why The Method goes much deeper than gaining weight and pulling teeth!
10 things you will learn about:
• Method Acting – Is it really all about gaining weight & pulling teeth?
• What do Method Acting and baking a cake have in common?
• Expanding on art – The creative side of acting
• How the acting greats do it: De Niro, Day-Lewis, Streep, Jolie
• The process: Getting it right – Step by step
• The Method: 30 years’ experience condensed into a year
• Why it’s not all fun: The hard graft and boring stuff
• How Lee Strasburg got it just right
• The Method and depth of characterisation
• Is anyone a born actor? Learning to be a natural