In this episode, Brian and Joe answer a listener’s question about playing an addict, with tips and guidance based on their own personal experiences – from getting frank about your own addictions, to the importance of research and understanding, through to immersing yourself in real-life situations.
7 things you will learn about:
• In the addict’s shoes: Parallels – your own “addictions”
• Find your poison – then withdraw it!
• The importance of research & understanding: Real-life cases
• Preconceived notions: Why there’s often more to it
• The role of co-dependency
• “Living a life of quiet desperation”: Functioning addicts
• Digging deeper: The physicalisation side