Chatting about the all-important topic of learning lines, with tips and advice based on Brian’s and Rob’s own experiences – from why it’s not as easy as it looks, to the different techniques and approaches used, through to the importance of understanding the hidden script.
9 things you will learn about:
• Learning lines: Not as easy as it looks
• Why you shouldn’t learn lines when you’re learning lines
• Making it real – Tapping into your unconscious mind
• Tips from the greats – What’s Anthony Hopkins’ trick?
• Why it’s important to let the script breathe
• Getting down to the basics: Doing it line by line
• When and how to use associative memory
• The role of subtext: Getting to grips with the hidden script
• Graft: The importance of putting in the hours