Delving into the topic of classical versus contemporary acting, from the old days of Restorative and Repertory theatre to today’s on-screen/online culture, with tips and insights to help you choose the right acting training so that you’re fully equipped and ready to hit the screens!
9 things you will learn about:
• Classical versus Modern – Screen versus Theatre: What’s it all about?
• Classical acting training: The way to go – or elitist and outdated?
• The best approach: The importance of screen performance training first
• How Screen has taken over the world – More than just movies
• How The Method teaches what is actually needed in today’s industry
• The vital role of convincing, in-depth performance
• What the industry wants vs. what’s being taught in some schools – Misalignment?
• What does EastEnders have in common with Shakespeare plays?
• The modern-day approach: How today’s acting greats bring contemporary to classic