Looking at some of the questions sent in by listeners, giving tips and guidance based on Brian’s and Joe’s own personal experiences – from advice for someone who’s keen to start acting, to the differences between theatre and film acting, and gauging your performance to get it spot on.
9 things you will learn about:
• The best place to start – screen or theatre?
• The constants: Preparation, knowledge & working on your character
• Adapting your approach based on your audience
• Gauging your performance: The role of distance
• Fine-tuning your instrument: Subtlety versus larger expression
• Range of expression: Projecting out versus internalising
• The importance of real and believable acting
• The role of hard work: Learning your craft properly
• Becoming an actor: Why you should take the jump… today.