Taking a trip through the acting library, as Brian and Joe discuss the books that have most influenced them in their acting careers. From Greek theatre, to the foundations and development of The Method, through to valuable perspectives from directors and playwrights – the landmark reads that should be on every actor’s bookshelf.
9 things you will learn about:
• The book that revolutionised actor training
• A collection of simple exercises that will improve your acting
• The Method – The best books on this esteemed technique
• The book that transports you into a live session with Lee Strasburg
• The best reads on perfecting your instrument: The psychology of acting
• Valuable lessons from a biography on “the American equivalent of Shakespeare”
• The director’s viewpoint – Autobiography by a top director
• The playwright’s perspective – Autobiographies from the greats
• Honing your professionalism as an actor: Why you should know your history!